Tips on how to begin your transition to natural beauty
Hi there my beauties and welcome back. I have had some of my Instagram followers send me messages seeking advice on how to transition to natural beauty and from where to start. So I thought I would dedicate this blog to those of you that are looking to make the switch and how to begin your natural clean beauty journey.
Making the change to natural beauty does take time; it is not something that you can do straight away. Sure you can go and throw out every item you own however my best advice is to go through each new product one by one to find what is good for you and your skin type. Some products may not be great for you; some may be sensitive or not as effective as you would like it to be. We all have different bodies, different needs and wants. Some people are allergic to various ingredients. What is great for one person may not be entirely great for the next person. Even though I have an abundance of knowledge, I’m still learning and finding better natural products all the time. My journey will never end, it will just improve.
So, my suggestions to begin your journey:
- Take it slow. The transition time takes a while and it all depends on your budget and what feels right for you. Your body will need to get used to the changes and any dramatic adjustments in your skincare will take time. Stick with the changes you make for a few weeks to better gauge your end results. You will be able to see what a difference it makes and how your body reacts to different products and hence alter them as you go.
- Your skin will get healthier. Because there is a lack of chemicals in your new clean products, your skin begins to get a gorgeous glow from all the botanically active ingredients. Don’t mistake this natural glow for oiliness; it’s a good thing happening to your skin.
- Start with your daily essentials like cleansers and moisturisers, and shampoos. I find that products that contain Acai, Jojoba, Kakadu Plum and Rosehip are beneficial to oily, blemished and even dry itchy skin.
- However do some research of your own. Don’t only take my word for it. Experiment with hashtags on Instagram such as #cleanbeauty #greenbeauty. The amount of products that are available and the amount of recommendations is unlimited. If you are new to my page, read some of my previous blogs. Some facts that I always keep in mind is that 1 in 8 chemicals used in the beauty industry are toxic and these include your high end highly marketable brands. 26 seconds is all it takes for the chemicals in your beauty products to enter your bloodstream. This just goes to show that even if you start with changing one single item to natural it will make a world of difference. Also know that there’s more to stay away from than just parabens and synthetics.
- Expect to be trialling a lot of products before you find the right one for you. Be open-minded to experiment with as many as possible as it will take time to find a match to your skin.
- When you find something that you think you would like to use try to see if trial sized packs are available, some places will also send you out samples. That way you don’t waste your money on products that are not perfect for you.
- And don’t forget to have fun with it! Clean beauty is here to stay, it’s not a fad, it is a new way of life.
Some great starting points to search are my favourite online businesses that I shop at.
Edible Beauty Australia
Excellent customer service and the products are absolutely devine. A trial sized pack is available.
Eve has had her own skincare struggles and has sourced her favourite brands which you can buy from her. She has her products segmented into different categories as per skin type.
Organic Beauty & Co
Each product has a full ingredient listing and you will be able to see if those ingredients will be suited to your needs.
A wonderful concept where you get a box delivered on a monthly basis with travel sized clean beauty items of which you get to test step by step, one beauty routine at a time. This is a great way to begin your clean beauty journey and trial different shampoos in one go, or cleansers etc.
So I hope this has been easy to understand and detailed enough to set you onto your own natural beauty journey. Remember this will be your journey and I hope it’s a fabulous one!
Good luck my beauties and please if you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact me.